Before you proceed, please read through and accept the terms and conditions by BCA
By clicking on the "Sign Up" button, you agree that you have read, understood and consent to the Privacy Statement set out here.
BCA will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Site (whether registered or not) ("User(s)").
Users are strongly recommended to read this privacy statement ("Privacy Statement") carefully to have an understanding of BCA's policy and practices with regard to the treatment of personal information and data provided by Users on the Site. This Privacy Statement is applicable to both registered and unregistered Users, and the terms herein may be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time as BCA may deem necessary and/or appropriate.
By registering for or using the services/Site, or by clicking the 'Register' button, User:
- consent to BCA, the Government of Singapore and/or Public Agencies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing User's personal data for the purposes as described below;
- consent to BCA, the Government of Singapore and/or Public Agencies disclosing Users' personal data to BCA's third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Singapore) and/or Prospective Sponsors for the purposes as described below.
If Users have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, they should contact the Customer Service Assistant of BCA's Customer Service Department, whose contact details are set out under the section headed "Enquiries" below.
In this Privacy Statement, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
- "BCA" means the Building and Construction Authority, a statutory board incorporated pursuant to the Building and Construction Authority Act (Cap. 30A).
- "Seeker(s)" means users seeking scholarship or sponsorship.
- "Government of Singapore" means the Government of Republic of Singapore as a whole including all its Ministries, government departments and Organs of State.
- "Prospective Sponsors" means built environment firms or companies.
- "Public Agencies" means any statutory boards incorporated pursuant to any Act or legislature and which perform a public function.
- "Register User(s)" means Users who register on the Site to obtain services offered by BCA. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Privacy Statement to "users" or "you" include references to generic users and Registered Users.
- "Site" means any website, job portal or mobile application owned and operated by BCA.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Site, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Site, it may be necessary for Users to provide BCA with their personal information and/or data.
BCA's purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following (collectively, the "Purpose"):
- for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
- to assist Seekers to find appropriate Prospective Sponsors;
- to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
- to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to his/her use of the Site and to respond to Users' inquiries or requests;
- to assist BCA with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
- to verify the identity of Users who have posted materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively "Information") on the Site;
- to identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Site;
- to obtain statistics about Users to analyse usage of the Site in order to help its further development; and
- to enable BCA, the Government of Singapore and other Public Agencies to perform research or conduct statistical studies.
Before using the Site or disclosing any information or data on the Site, Users under the age of 21 should seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact the responsible Customer Service Assistant whose contact details are set out under the section headed "Enquiries" for registering the User as member of the Site.
If BCA requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out above, we will request your express consent to the same. If you are below the age of 13 the consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
BCA may collect personal information and/or data about a User, such as his/her name, log-in ID and password, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level, institution and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, BCA may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
BCA will use your data in furtherance of the Purpose for which you provided the personal information and/or data;
BCA may share personal information and/or data with the Government of Singapore and other Public Agencies, where necessary;
Except as provided hereinbefore, BCA will NOT share your personal information and/or data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
For your convenience, BCA may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Public Agencies.
BCA may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to track your session when you enter our websites. The cookies will be deleted after you leave our website. BCA does not use your cookies for any other purpose other than keeping track of your session.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to other third party sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
BCA reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time as BCA deems necessary, so Users are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently. If BCA decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, BCA will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places as BCA deems appropriate, so that Users would be aware of what information is collected, how they are used, and under what circumstances, if any, BCA discloses it.
Users' continued use of the Site and services on the Site shall constitute acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Statement.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you :
- have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
- need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.